About Founder- Ibrahim Sidhpurwala was a commerce graduate who was
working with British Government stated retail shop of weighing scales
and machines at Pankorenaka. The company Fidali Gulamali was selling in
British system pounds and kanti palla selling in Ana currency. Started
in 1952, this small business is now successfully manufacturing truck
- 1953, Business Expansion- from Kanti Palla it moved on to mechanical scales known as Two Pan Balances.
- 1955, Historical changes- change in system conversion from weighing standards to metric system.
Registration of Partnership firm- Registered in 1960, the company
extended complete support to Gujarat Small Industries Corporation and
shared responsibilities of distribution of metric system weights to
industries and traders.
- 1960- First branch was opened in Indore named Asiatic Agency
- 1962- Authorised distributor for Soehnie brand scales manufactured by Libra industries in association with Germany.
- 1965- His son Mr. Ibrahim joined business
- 1977- Completion of 25 years
- 1978- Trademark Alexandra was registered on 17.11.1978.
- 1985- Visit of German delegation
- 1987- Dissolution of partnership
- 1990- Started new Office
- 1993- Investment through acquisition of 5500 sq. Yards land in Changodar.
- 1995- Mr. Shabbir became the sole owner of the company and legal owner of the Alexandra trademark.
- 1997- Signed an agreement with Encardio Rite Lucknow and began purchasing kits in SKD while assembling it at Changodar factory.
- 1998- Mr. Shashang Mehta was hired to design a unique model.
- 2003- Mr. Murtaza Sidhpurwala joined business and began with the export of scales to various countries.
- 2004- Expansion of product range and introduction of wireless crane scales as well as high temperature crane scales.
- 2004- Accredited with ISO 9001:2000 QMS from UKAS
- 2006- Association with Davi & CIA S.L Spain as exclusive distributor for India
- 2011- Manufacturing of electronic truck weigh bridges
- 2013- Started with designing, commissioning and installation of online weighing systems
- 2016- Shifted operations to Changodar plant and is currently exporting products to various countries.
- Mechanical Scale, Mechanical Weighing Scale
- Counter Scale
- Spring Balance
Additionally, we are also providing AMC, Repairing and Maintenance Services of all the products.
Scales is a trusted and preferred partner specialized in providing
excellent weighing solutions for our clients in different segments
including commercial, industrial and personal. Expertise and innovative
product range enables us to remain a premiere company for the personal
development of human resources.
India leading weighing scale company, Alexandra is providing modern,
quality proven and competitively priced weighing solutions that meet our
We seek to achieve this mission through
- Premium quality products
- Cost effective prices
- Solution centric working methodology
- Alliances with our sellers and clients
- Regular training sessions and growth program of our employees
- Active participation in the social, economic and cultural life
- Continued growth throughout the year
manufacturing plant located at Changodar which is a thriving hub for
manufacturing units in Gujarat. It covers an area of around 27000 sq.
Ft., with a manufacturing capacity of 12000 platform scales, 24000 small
scales, 200 weighing bridges annually. Our plant is fitted with sound
assembly line, spacious warehouse, quality testing lab and packaging
unit. This set up allows us to complete required orders within the
promised time frame. Strategically placed plant makes us preferred
vendor because of the uninterrupted transportation connectivity in India
as well as abroad.
- Welspun and many more.
"We are mainly dealing in the areas of Ahmadabad, Gujarat".